As the warm and sunny days are still here, folks are gonna gather outside to soak up the last of that summer goodness. But here’s the buzzkill – pesky critters can totally crash your backyard BBQ vibes. So, if you’re looking for some smart moves to keep mosquitoes, ants, and those pesky stingers away, check out the five tips below. It’s all about having a blast without the bug bother! 🌞🍔🦟
- Remove Standing Water: Mosquitoes breed in standing water, so be sure to eliminate any potential breeding grounds. Check for areas where water collects, such as clogged gutters, flower pots, and containers. Regularly empty and clean these areas to prevent mosquitoes from multiplying.
- Use Citronella Candles or Torches: Citronella is a natural insect repellent. Use citronella candles, torches, or even citronella oil diffusers to create a barrier of scent that helps keep mosquitoes and other flying insects away from your BBQ area.
- Keep Food and Trash Covered: Ants and other pests are attracted to food scraps and leftover crumbs. Keep all food tightly covered, and dispose of trash promptly in sealed containers. This will discourage pests from being drawn to your BBQ setup.
- Set Up Fans: If possible, place fans strategically around your BBQ area. Flying insects like mosquitoes have a harder time navigating in windy conditions created by fans. Not only does this help keep pests at bay, but it also provides a cooling breeze for your guests.
- Provide Insect-Repellent Options: Consider setting up a station with insect repellent sprays, wipes, or lotions for your guests to use. This extra layer of protection can go a long way in preventing bug bites and making the experience more enjoyable for everyone.
Remember that a combination of these measures will likely provide the best results. By taking these steps, you can minimize the presence of pests and create a more enjoyable atmosphere for your backyard BBQ.
If you’d like a free inspection for pest control call Bugyman at 575-527-4393.