• Determine what the ants are attracted to and remove the food source.
• Vacuum trails, wipe them with soapy water, or spray with window cleaner.
• Locate entry points then caulk openings or plug with petroleum jelly.
• Put out bait stations or apply gel bait at entry points.
• Baits take time to work, so continue to clean up trails.
• Indoor sprays aren’t usually necessary.
• Call the Bugyman to help determine what kind of ant and a plan to stop the invasion.
Credit: AUTHORS: M. K. Rust, Entomology, UC Riverside; and D.-H. Choe, Entomology, UC Riverside.
This material is partially based upon work supported by the Extension Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under special project Section 3(d), Integrated Pest Management.