Ants seem to be the major ongoing pest this year! They are persistent and tenacious little guys. This blog is dedicated to giving you some tools to help keep the ants outside where they belong.
Eliminate food sources for ants indoors:
- Keep kitchen appliances clean of grease or spill
- Clean kitchen counter tops free of crumbs
- Limit eating to one room of the house. Keep those kiddos from snacking in their rooms.
Eliminate water sources
- Fix leaky plumbing and sweating pipes.
- Place wet dish rags and sponges in an airtight plastic storage bag overnight, place them directly in the washing machine, or hang them outdoors to dry.
- Pet water dishes should be emptied and dried at night and refilled in the morning.
Eliminate harborage and ant entry points:
- Seal cracks and crevices around window frames and door frames, around baseboards and other places where you have noticed ants entering the structure with caulk or another suitable material.
- Seal holes around cables pipes and wires with copper mesh or another suitable material.
If all else fails, the Bugyman Exterminators are here to help! We have excellent forms of indoor ant control. Give us a call today for all your ant control needs!