Did you know that essential oils are like nature’s Swiss Army knife? They can handle everything from cleaning and diffusing to even sending mice packing. But wait for it – you can also use these aromatic wonders to give spiders their eviction notice.
Essential Oils for Spider-Be-Gone
Spiders have a super-sensitive sense of smell, they smell through their legs, and they can’t “stand” strong scents. That’s where essential oils swoop in as your eight-legged enemies’ nemesis. If you’re all about that essential oil life, you’ve got a bunch of fragrant options to keep those spiders at bay. Here’s a lineup of your spider-repelling superheroes:
- Peppermint oil
- Citrus oils: Think zesty orange, lemon, and lime.
- Eucalyptus oil (or just scatter some eucalyptus leaves)
- Tea Tree
How to Kick Spiders to the Curb with Essential Oils
Ready to take on the spider squad with your essential oil arsenal? Here’s the game plan:
- If you’ve got an entry point where you suspect those sneaky spiders are making their grand entrance, lay down a line of oil as a roadblock.
- Mix that oil with water, load it into a spray bottle, and cover larger areas where you’ve spotted these little critters.
- Grab a cotton ball, drench it in oil, and place it at access points or spots where spiders like to kick back.
Now, if spiders are staging a full-on invasion, it might be time to call in the pros. Seeing a couple of them might not be a big deal, but if you’re suddenly playing host to a spider convention, you could have a bigger pest problem on your hands. In that case, give Bugyman Exterminators a shout at 575-527-4393.
. They’ll roll in with their pest-fighting superhero capes and get to the bottom of your eight-legged dilemma.